What is PHP ?
PHP is a server scripting language, and a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages. The PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a programming language that allows web developers to create dynamic content that interacts with databases. PHP is basically used for developing web based software applications. This tutorial helps you to build your base with PHP.
- General-purpose Scripting Language.
- Templating System.
- Application Framework.
- Simple interface to databases, libraries, sockets, etc...
Why PHP ?
- Simple to learn & use.
- Out of the box support for most forms of data/interfaces.
- Constantly evolving and improving functionality.
- Excellent online documention.
- High Performance.
- PHP runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP supports a wide range of databases
Using PHP is REALLY REALLY simple! Just rename your .html file(s) to .php and using PHP tags make portions of the page dynamic.
<html> <head><title>My 1st PHP Script</title> <body> Welcome, the current time is: <?php echo date("r"); ?> </body> </html>
OR More simple enough, create file with name "hello.php" and save below code in your root directory and call "http://localhost/hello.php"
<?php echo 'Hello PHP'; ?>
Related Results :
- Related Posts are generally User Blog posts.
- or Other tutorials from other networks of w3clan.com.
- Any registered user can create related posts based on search term tags.